Saturday, March 1, 2014

DIY - Cubbies

When my handsome hubby's on the road, I tend to let loose and try a new DIY project. Yesterday afternoon I attempted cubbies. Our three littles have a closet that is always a complete disaster. Their coats fall off the hanger, there's no where to put their backpacks etc….
The cubbies were to be a mother & son project, but in an hour and a half I had most of it assembled except one small part.

Honestly, it was a super easy fun project. I didn't have an extra hand assembling it. So, circumstances like that I find items around the house to help me out. A wall, a box….this time it was the kitchen stool! It did the trick!! My intention was to paint these white. I bought the paint and as I opened it, the peanut gallery said, "Um, aren't you staining it?" We took a vote and I was the only one who wanted white! I LOVE WHITE!! They like stained wood like their Daddy!!

So here's the end result. I am by no means a carpenter. I am a woman on a mission. I made a picture and then went into the Depot. I was greeted by a few workers…clearly I didn't look like I should be in the carpenters isle. They were great, I told them what pieces of wood I wanted cut where, and they sliced and diced where I needed.

LADIES : You can do this!! A hammer, box of nails and a few measurements and you're off!!

Here's the end result.

No comments: