Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Memory Lane

I was driving to a destination today and on my way I knew I needed to take a detour. As I was driving tears were flowing and my mind was flooded with memories.This was the first place The Lord called Jamie and I to that required us to take a major leap of faith. I remember the night The Lord confirmed it in me. I had gone to my grandmothers and she had prayed with me for The Lord's clear direction. Hours later as I was out seeking direction, I received it. I laid in the fetal position on our living room floor weeping and wailing as I realized I would be leaving all we knew behind. Our family, our friends, my great paying job, and one of the hardest, our growing youth ministry. Although in the natural this seemed so ridiculous, He gave me an incredible peace that surpassed all understanding.
The years we spent serving in this house were filled with faith, miracles, growth, extreme highs, lows, laughs, tears and friendships I'm forever grateful for. So thankful for His continual leading in our lives, and for his incredible peace that's so needed in times where our faith is being stretched far beyond what we could ever handle on our own. #midland #neverthesame#faithwalk #12yearsago

No comments: