Monday, November 27, 2017

Be Faithful with the Little

He who is faithful in the little things, will also be faithful with much. Luke 16:10 . Preached by- Kevin Begley (circa 1994)
Most Friday nights I would wait for my farming friends to come into the city to pick me up. We’d pile in the van and head across town to LGT for youth, good Ol’ Vital Force!
I don’t recall specifically how Pastor Kevin conveyed it, but one week he spoke on ‘Being faithful in the Little’ and still to this day, anytime I try to take a short cut, that verse runs through my mind. It has and continues to shape my character. Whether it be cleaning out my car after a long day, picking a coin up from a gutter, returning a shopping cart to the PROPER shelter, no matter how big or small I want to be considered faithful. I know those examples may seem insignificant on some levels but I’m telling you, these are some of the ones specifically I get nudged on! This verse over the years has brought constant ownership and constant humility to my life. Seriously? The coin is in the mud, it’s only 10 cents!! Be faithful in the little.
It’s raining, my cart is fine in this empty spot, I have all the children with me, after all someone gets paid to put them back, right? Be faithful in the little.
There are hundreds, even thousands of scenarios like this. If I can’t be faithful with a coin, can I be faithful with a life?
You see it’s not about the coin, or the carts, it’s about being faithful with what we’ve been entrusted with. Whether we lead the biggest church or the smallest, whether we are the business owner or the employee, we need to give thanks and work in such a way that exemplifies we’re being faithful with what’s been put at our hands to do, and from there, our small seeds of faithfulness, will produce much. 💛 #39to40
Luke 16:10
Phil 1:11

No comments: