Monday, November 27, 2017

God is PERSONAL!


One thing I will never forget is the day I realized how much God really cares about the little things we care about. I had seen and heard so many people share stories of miracles and testimonies of things God had done in their lives, and then this particular day, something so small but so personal happened to me.
It was Christmas time and we were living in Midland. We were young parents with young children and we were financially STRAPPED!!
There was NO wiggle room in the budget, and for some strange reason I had really, REALLY wanted a poinsettia. When I was buying groceries that week I looked at them and although they weren’t extremely expensive we just didn’t have the money to get one. A couple days later I was talking to Jamie on the phone and said, ‘Do you think we could just buy a poinsettia? I couldn’t explain why I wanted one, but just that I desired to have one in our home for Christmas. He reminded me things were just to tight and as much as he would have loved to, it wasn’t a priority.
So, I let it go and didn’t think much more about it. Well, later that afternoon the doorbell rang. As I walked towards the door, I couldn’t identify who was on the other side of the glass as all I saw was this huge object in front of the whomever was standing there. I ran to open the door and I heard a voice say, ‘This is for you’. I signed for what I was assuming was a massive bouquet of flowers, took them from the delivery man, and put it on the floor. As I started to peel back the paper of this super sized gift, I almost fell in the floor. It was a poinsettia PLANT!!! And Not just the little $14.99 ones I’d seen at the grocery store, this plant was at LEAST 3 feet tall!!! I had never EVER seen one this BIG!! It was SO big I wasn’t even sure where we could put it! I called Jamie immediately and said, ‘You’ll NEVER guess what just got delivered?!?!’ I proceeded to tell him a poinsettia!!!!! Annnddd, not just any poinsettia , the biggest one I’d ever seen!!!
I was shocked and yet not surprised, I was smiling from ear to ear. This wasn’t just a coincidence, this was God, my Heavenly Father providing a SMALLLL desire of my heart, for no other reason than to show me how much he cares about even the smallest things we care about.
Psalm 37:4 Take delight in the LORD, and he will give you your heart's desires.
God is so personal. These poinsettia’s were on point! He loves us and loves to bless us, not only with things we need but sometimes He goes over the top and blesses us with the things we want.
I challenge you today to keep a little journal or keep a little log of all of the crazy desires of our heart that are constantly coming to pass. Give thanks for all He is doing, and give thanks for all he’s done! This is just one small testimony that at this time in my life was MASSIVE!! It showed me just how real and personal God could be! Since then, I’ve seen hundreds of examples of how God has continued to do the unimaginable big and little things in our lives just to show us how vast His love is.
If you don’t know God personally, get to know Him! You WILL be blown away, just like I was of how personal our God can really be. ðŸ’› #6to40

No comments: