Monday, November 27, 2017

Let er' Rip!

Honestly, many times I wonder why people are obsessed with posting about how many squats they’re doing? Is it accountability? Attention? For fun? I guess each person has their own reasoning. I see booty’s day in day out while on social media! Then today it happened! Now I must say I was not brave enough to post a photo but I did a pretty amazing squat!! See we are in the midst of a major purge and so I was off to donate a load of goods to the local Mission store. As I got to the drop off area I helped the guy unload our stuff. I went to grab this one super heavy box and in my head I heard my dad say, ‘Use your legs, not your back!’ Sounded like a great idea!!! I mean, I got innnnn tooo iiiittt! I put my legs shoulder width apart, went to do a deep knee squat with this super heavy box and yepppp, I literally blew the seems right out of my pants. 😱 The sound was electric, it sounded nothing short of the sound the ladies at Fabricland make when they snip the end of your material and then rip it end to end by hand!! The bessst part is that this young man was still standing right beside me! I couldn’t even take cover or assess the damage because I was STILLLLL holding the heavy box.... in this split second I was trying to navigate...so I stood tall, STRONG, thinking my sweatshirt has got to cover this?!?! Well it did!! Barely, but it did, until... yep, you guessed it, I had to put the box down!! 🤦‍♀️
Sooo what kind of life lesson can we learn from this? I’m sure you can roll this 100 ways... no pun intended 🤣.
#1 Pay attention to the clothing people wear when they are squatting, obviously they ARE wearing ‘stretch pants’ because they have some give!
#2 When in doubt if your clothing is to tight... do the squat and let er’rip challenge!
#16to40 #leterrip

No comments: