Saturday, February 23, 2008

Are You Contagious?

I'd like to say that when I woke up today I did a black flip out of bed and embraced the day with a "Hallelujah Holy Spirit what do you have lined up for me today"....but as the the alarm buzzed in that ever lovely tone, I knew what awaited me was a long day, a long day filled with many many things, some very enjoyable, and well... some not so enjoyable. I knew at 5:45am when the alarm sounded the first thing awaiting me was a urnal, some dirty floors and some garbages that needed changing. As I rolled over to hit the snooze button, I knew better...today of any day wasn't the one where time could afford to be wasted. So I rolled over, got dressed, and put forth whatever energy I had into trying to wipe off that ever so stubborn eye make up I had left on the night before...and embraced the very early first part of the day.
As I drove to work I cranked the tunes and sang my heart out....it stirred my spirit man up, which is what I needed on a busy day like today. Although my day was jam packed, a lot of what I was doing in the afternoon and evening was preparing for a kids party. I've organized a "LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE PARTY" for my sunday school class. As much as I love teaching the same kids everyweek...my desire is to seek and save the lost! So the idea of the party is for them to invite as many friends as they can to come and hear the good news! The good news that their best friend wants to be their best friend too! I find kids are the best evangelists. They share and hold nothing back. They share with a contagious passion and excitment that oozes out and effects everyone and anyone they come into contact with. They have the phone ringing off the hook with friends who are wanting to come and either need directions or need a ride! Thank you Jesus for their boldness, for their passion. Thank-you for their "that none would perish" attitude.
I often hear adults sharing their faith...and it grieves my spirit. I think I know why many adults don't come to church or have a relationship with Jesus, because so many of the Christians sharing the gospel with them hardly sound sold themselves. As they share with their friends and co-workers they end the conversation with...yeah you probably wouldn't want to come anyways. Well they're right on that, they might be afraid they'll catch anything but the Joy of the Lord! ah ah.
So I encourage you, The next time you have the privilege of sharing the Gospel and imparting life into a friend, a family member or co-worker, speak with the assurity that the one you're speaking of is truly who He says He is. The giver of life, the giver of Hope, the healer, the restorer, the rock on whom I stand! And that in itself is contagious!

No comments: