Friday, February 22, 2008

Where is Your Identity?

Tonight as I write Im surrounded by an empty pudding container, a muffin wrapper, the leftover remains of what use to be an orange, and my soothing tea cup. I like to consume tea and tasties while I sit and relax. Still not quite satisfied as I look at the plate and there still remains one more thing, a package of cadbury mini-eggs. In one ear I hear "After all that chocolate do you really think you should dive into those as well? And in the other I hear my mothers voice calling out...finish everything that's on your plate!" So being the obedient child I am, I'll consume the cadbury eggs, just for you mom!



God has deposited a real passion in my spirit to help those in the Kingdom find their identitiy in Him. When He created you, He had a special and unique plan. A plan that WE are to carry out, a purpose only WE can fulfill. Often times I see friends, I see aquaintances running and trying to find their identity in things, in conferences, in positions, in talents or in relationships....when really our identitiy is in Him. Our Father is waiting patiently watching us run to and fro as we try to fill that need, as we try to fill that desire. When He's saying, "Heather...Im here, please..please stop and find your identity in me. Seek Me, and you will find. Knock and I will open the door. Ask what it is I've created you for, and I will show you." He's longing to talk and share with each one of us...but will we stop running and be patient enough to listen. Will we give Him a chance to show us what He designed us for. Each one of us yearns and desires to be something magnificent, to do something amazing for our Father. But it seems many aren't satisfied with the gifts and callings He's chosen for us. We say, No thanks Lord Im going to exchange this gift, for this one it might be a bit tight or a bit big, but I'll make it work, afterall I think it suits me better. We don't realize He has taken His time and custom fit our gift just for us. Remember He wired you, He designed you, He purposed and planned you. He made you a specific way, with specific strenghts, and has given you specific gifts to accomplish the Plan and purpose He's laid out for you. He wants to use you, He needs You to help further His Kingdom. You were chosen and destined to be here, this day, this year, this decade...because He has a job for you to do NOW. Whether you've been blessed with a speaking ability, a singing ability, a servant heart, a heart full of mercy and compassion, or you have an amazing gift of hospitiality, use it, accept it, recieve it. He's called many of you to the marketplace, to be a light in the darkness. Many desire to be the Preacher, the teacher, the Prophet...they feel it will give them influence or make them sound important. But a title doesn't give you influence. You may have a "BIG" title and have no influence at all, you may not have a title, but may influence many. Embrace where He's put you, embrace what and where He's called you. If you have the gift of hospitality and hide it, our whole body suffers, if you have the gift of service but feel it's invaluable many things will not get done, many needs will never be met, and again our body will suffer. Once we've embraced who we are, embrace who He's called us to be, we will then be clothed with His confidence, when we finally embrace ourselves we will be comfortable embracing others. Once we unify our selves, and come humbly before him, not thinking of ourselves more highly than we ought, we WILL be an unstoppable force to be reckoned with!

So I dare you...I dare you to be You..On purpose for His purposes.
1 Cor 12, Romans 12, Eph 4.