Thursday, February 21, 2008

I WILL seek you in the morning...

As I sit here at the computer tonight with my tea and rolos in hand... my spirit is overjoyed at all that's going on! My heart is oozing with joy...I'm ready to preach, to impart, to share vision, to..too..too... but there's no one to preach and share with as it's 11:31pm. All my little ones are sleeping, all my facebook friends are tucked in, and my best friend is...well not here. These are usually the nights where Jamie and I would put our backs to the clock and say "Don't look, you don't want to know what time it is!" and just keep sharing all that's on our hearts.
It seems I've been in a lot of conversations lately where people are saying "I know I need to get up half hour earlier in the morning and spend that time with God, but...well I just love my sleep." And I had some revelation that there are those of us that cry out for a moving of the Spirit, or long for a prodigal to return, long to see miracles, salvations, a spouse saved, a need met..and so on. And yet our sleep, email, or whatever seems to take precidence over spending time with our number one lover. God. He's desireing that we would wake up longing to seek Him first thing in the morning. Desiring for us to report to duty and pick up our daily instructions. He's longing to bless us and give us the desires of our heart...we have many big requests..His request is "spend time with me". Spend time with me so you'll know my heart, you'll know my thoughts. Spend time with me so you'll see the ones who are hurting, you'll see the ones who need hope, you'll see the ones who need an encouraging word.
Well...Im no hero, I too have slacked off in the mornings. It seems recently my two youngest have been sleeping in until 8:30, and if you're a mom 8:3oam is practically noon! But I really felt challenged yesturday again to get back in that routine that I had, established and to once again seek Him first thing! So today, the baby woke...and after giving him his bottle, I had the opportunity to crawl back into my nice cozy bed...with flannel sheets...and I won't lie it was tempting! Or to really seek the Lord...Before my flesh cried out, I grabbed my bible and headed to "MY" quiet time corner of the couch. Each morning, I cry out for God to use me that day in some way that would benefit His Kingdom.
Well let me tell you God is a rewarder of those who dilegently seek Him! My heart is overjoyed, to testify, (I can't give details) but... Today there was a divine appointment....a very special appointment. Someone I haven't seen in over 12 years. I had the opportunity to talk with, share with and most importantly love on. God is so good, God is so faithful...I pray that as I continue to be faithful to Him, He will continue to send those down my path that I might speak LIFE into.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the encouraging words Heather! ~Wanetta:)