Saturday, April 5, 2008

Holy...Holy...Holy....

What an amazing and Holy God we serve.  Tonight I was reading the word, and I was reading Isaiah 6.  I love verse 3, and I love hearing songs, worshiping to songs or just soaking in His presence as I hear Holy..Holy..Holy. No matter how many times I hear those words they send goosebumps through my whole being.  Our God is SO Holy.  
I think in the culture and in the attitude of society we don't truly grasp how Holy our God is. We've referred to Him as our Homeboy or our buddy. I love hearing him referred to as the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords.  That speaks volumes to me..he is indeed above all else.  He is Holy, he is wonderful, magnificent.  I love how Isaiah in that chapter when seeing the Lord Almighty says Woe to me! I am ruined.  For I am a man of unclean lips. It's like when the Lord showed up a mirror was placed infront of Isaiah and all that was in him was revealed. 
Jesus came to fill in the gap. He brought grace and mercy, which I am truly thankful for or I dont' think I'd be here today!  But by Gods grace I am.   Sometimes I see and feel that we abuse God's grace. We come before Him knowing he'll forgive, so many times our repentance isn't genuine but comes out of mere routine. Often times we mix up guilt and repentance. True repentance is being broken...not because you were caught, but because you've broken the heart of the One you love. 
Just sit and think on Him, His goodness, His very being, meditate on how amazing He truly is...He is infact Holy!

No comments: