Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Back at it!

Well, I find it hard to believe it's been over two years since I last blogged! I so desire to share with you what 'Spire Jewels' is all about. Please, let me set the stage. Last May I had the privledge of meeting a group of people that for 2 years I had heard so many incredible stories about. My husband Jamie had been going to Rwanda, and ministering to the people there for over two years. I had heard testimonies, miracles, healings... I had heard about wrestling matches, games, weddings, and so much more. I couldn't help but feel their laughter and tears through every photo I encountered. The Lord blessed us with three babies back to back, so I hadn't had the desire, nor felt released to physically go to Rwanda until this past May. What an honour! After being in Rwanda for two weeks, the Lord started birthing things inside of me. Desires and plans for the women and children there. We are set to go back again in the spring, this time our oldest daughter is going with us. For months we have been speaking 'creative ideas and inventions' to come across our congregations paths. One day while checking my email, I came across a link, I clicked it ... and instantly...and I mean instantly something inside of me awoke. I clicked through a few pictures, then went through them again. I knew this was something I was to do. I was Inspired by this jewelry. Hence 'SPIRE JEWELS'. I wasn't looking for a hobbie or another thing to throw on my plate, but there was an excitement inside of me. Almost instantly I called for my oldest son..... we are two peas in a pod, always up for excitement and an adventure! I said 'get on your coat', (now he's homeschooled, so when he realizes he's being released from his work... yeeow the smile and excitment that lights up in this boy is electrifying.) He said 'Where are we going?" I said "Antique shopping.... well the excitement drained from his face... but not from mine, I ran out the door with him in tow! As I was barging out the door, I realized I'd never been antique shopping or even knew where an shop was....but thanks to the good old blackberry we found our way! As soon as we graced the doors of the shop, I felt as though I was in my grandmothers house, the beauty the furniture was incredible. We peered through booths and shelves until we found what we had come for..... BUTTONS! I know the crazy homeschooling button collector... call me what you will, but I believe this idea fell in my lap, not by accident, but was a God ordained opportunity for me to raise and help fund our mission to Rwanda. I do not know the lady whose pictures I came across on the net, I still am not sure how the link or pictures crossed my path. She lives in another country. But one thing I do know is that our God is a God who aligns things. I know there are times in our lives we feel as if we aren't making a difference. We wonder if we are inspiring anyone to go on and be all that God's ordained and called them to be... but let me tell you I believe the Lord spoke prophetically to me through this. We have no idea, who we are influencing, who we are inspiring. Some people we'll meet and some we won't. But know that your live counts, that you are making a difference. That you have the potential to influence many...whether you see them or not, people are watching. So live your life.. make it count!

No comments: