Monday, November 27, 2017

Looking more like my Father

Today was quite the day!! It started out full , then midday I was working for my cousin in a super chill environment and then all of a sudden around 3:30pm life just became crazy!! So many things that were out of my control but directly effecting us took place. Of course to add to the hoopla of it all, this was happening during rush hour traffic in North West London. Speaker phone and handsfree would have been ever so lovely if I could skip over using Siri. Honestly I think she finds enjoyment out of watching me say, ‘Call Jamie.’ and then randomly say something back to me that sounds NOTHIIINNNNGGGG LIKE WHAT I JUST TOLD HER!!! She causes my blood to come to a complete boil in a matter of .0098765 seconds. Yep pretty amazing that a robot can have that kind of effect on you!! (Does anyone ever raise their voice to Siri?)
As I’m typing I’m thinking of a parallel. How many times has God given us instructions and we’ve completely skirted around them responding as if we didn’t hear what He said? I know how frustrated I become when people don’t listen to instruction, counsel or misinterpret what’s been said. When we’ve been given a task and misinterpret it, our ever so Faithful Father speaks the instructions again, and unctions us to go the right way.
I desire the gifts of the spirit to be evident in my life.. but even more than that, I desire the FRUIT of the Spirit to be evident in my life. I want to exemplify the character of Christ! The FRUIT of the spirit is different from the GIFTS of the Spirit. I’ve seen some powerful ministers, but if they’re operating with the gifts and there is no evident fruit, I become concerned.
Galatians 5:22-23 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives. Love, joy, peace, patience’s, self control, goodness, faithfulness.
1 Corinthians 13 sums up the importance of the fruit with the gifts.
It’s not saying the gifts aren’t vital, it’s simply saying, If you have the gift of Prophecy, if you have faith that can move mountains, if you give all you have to the poor BUT DO NOT have love, you gain nothing!
Love is patient, love is kind. ðŸ’›
So I encourage you, ask the Lord to let your character be reflective of His. Cry out and ask him for help. Ask Him to fill you with the fruit of the spirit and that it would be evident to all those who surround you.
Galatians 5:25 ‘Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirits leading in EVERY part of our life!’
#21to40 #desirethecharacterofChrist #fruitoftheSpirit

No comments: